Image quality: SEL1018 vs SEL16F28 + VCL ECU1

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Questions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,258Gear list
Like?
Re: Image quality: SEL1018 vs SEL16F28 + VCL ECU1
In reply to Mike Sivcevic, Jun 16, 2013

Mike Sivcevic wrote:

I know that, when pixel peeping at 100% zoom, there is quite a difference in corners, but what's the "real world" difference.

You don't have to peep at 100% zoom to see the difference in corners at wider apertures, which might bother some.  If you're able to step the aperture down there's probably still a difference at 100% zoom, but only you can say whether or not you'll be obsessive about it.  You might notice the difference more indoors when you'll be using wider apertures.  Also keep in mind that the corners also have to have something interesting in them in order to be noticed.

For me, the price difference is enough to stick with the 16/UWA combo.  For some others, knowing that they could do better would bother them to no end; they should get the 10-18.

<note to self: copy this whole thing into a bloody clipboard before it kaks itself again when pressing Post>

I have to do that frequently with DPR, but it's mostly when I forget to finish.  In other words, I come back later to finish, but the website has reached its timeout.  You have to type and submit the whole thing in one session.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow