Started Jun 16, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Sivcevic
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Image quality: SEL1018 vs SEL16F28 + VCL ECU1
Jun 16, 2013

Aaaaarghhhh, typed 12 paragraphs, clicked "Post" and - puff, the whole thing disappeared!

Anyway, one of these days, a big decision needs to be made and I might need some help.

I won't retype the whole saga again, so just in short words ... I'm getting wide angle lens for my NEX-6, tossing up between SEL1018 and SEL16F28 with ECU1 adapter.

I know all the advantages of 1018 and all disadvantages of the 16mm combo and would love to have 1018, but wondering if there is a point at this price difference. The 1018 is around $1,000, the 16mm + ECU1 around $300 here in Australia.

The question is - is the image quality difference that big that it would be visible when viewing picture in full size on 1920x1200 screen or when printing A4 or even A3 prints?

I know that, when pixel peeping at 100% zoom, there is quite a difference in corners, but what's the "real world" difference.

<note to self: copy this whole thing into a bloody clipboard before it kaks itself again when pressing Post>

ANSWER:
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow