ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Limilicious
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
What's a good beginner's camera?
Jun 16, 2013

Nothing too insane.

I got inspired to ditch the point and shoot cameras for something better due to seeing pretty awesome deals here and there. Budget wise would probably be $400-600. Will most likely upgrade to something better later, so I don't want that big of an investment in the intermediate one.

I saw a pretty nice deal for Panasonic GF3 with Power Zoom Lens for $250 after discounts. And the lens are supposedly more than $300 by itself. But then again, if the camera is mediocre then it doesn't matter how expensive or amazing the lens are.

A friend uses a Panasonic G3 and his pictures seems pretty clear. Then I looked up the resolution and it's 15.8 MP vs 12 MP (GF3). Then I looked into G5 and GX1, which are also about 16 MP. I suppose GF3's pictures won't be as clear, right?

I don't have a passion for Panasonic. It was just part of the related models, so I looked into it. So feel free to recommend another brand.

A side question though: I checked generic ratings of those camera's spec and prices by Amazon. The pricing, from most expensive to least, is GF3, GX1, G3 then G5. But the generic ratings were the opposite. It rated G5 the best and GF3 the worst. Anyone know why? Or should I just it?

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow