Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
LSF
LSF
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?
Re: a few test shots in the backyard with the Nex 6 and Touit 35
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, Jun 16, 2013

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

From the several posted threads about this lens it appears its strong point is great sharpness, lovely colour and microcontrast and not so nice bokeh.

But then how many of your shots do you need nice bokeh for at 32mm? That would be the key question to ask yourself for your own use. Do I want sharpness or do I want smooth bokeh as the most important characteristic. I think Zeiss feel most want sharpness and they are probably right there.

Greg.

Well after testing against a Sony 35mm it is significantly sharper especially wide open. The broken is really a non issue for me now. I tested the Sony in my garden and the barcog round cover in the background was very minimally better on the 35 and not enough to make me say it was all that much better, but after shooting both lens i can say the Zeiss is much sharper so it is here to stay

LSF's gear list:LSF's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow