RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jeremiah_rubix
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to ultimitsu, 10 months ago

jeremiah_rubix wrote:

I would not take any notice of image quality arguments. The 5d3 plus 24-70 is a combo used by pros, so the image quality is good enough.

Used by "pros" does not mean IQ is great, it merely means IQ is good enough for those pro's customers.

For studios shots that has no contrasty DR, 5D3 is adequate. For newspaper and low quality magazine printing, 5D3 is also adequate. For internet blogs showing 600 x 400 px current affair pictures, 5D3 is more than adequate.

I don't think the original poster is wanting the camera for studio use. He wants to shoot his kids. If anyone believes the 5diii is only suitable for blogs and low quality magazine work they probably should rely less on reviews and forums and DXO and more on real world results. Check stugibson.net or http://wolfgangglowacki.com.au/ or hobartimaging.com photographers who print large images for sale, shoot for high quality magazine and all bar one (myself a99 rx1) own and use the 5d3. Its image 'scores' may not be as high scoring as a Nikon or Sony rx1 but it's still a very good camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow