ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dan801
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Canon 100D VS Point & Shoot for Video
Jun 15, 2013

Hi everyone,

I posted a similar question a few weeks back but didn't explain myself right so I will try again fresh for a clearer answer. Need to choose between a Canon 100d/sli or Nex-5r or keep my P&Shoot

I currently shoot with a high quality Point and Shoot, I mostly do Video plus landscape photography.

The Videos are perfect full HD quality with 30/60 Frame options. Video is always in focus and clear.

I've been looking at swapping to either a Canon 100d or NEX-5r - i did a lot of research and both suit my needs in terms of what I'm looking for features, functions, price and importantly size.

Size wise there is not much difference between the two cameras - once the larger zoom lenses go onto the nex. I think the Canon is also easier to hold. It might be different for these cameras but I never really used the viewfinder which my P&S had.

Everyone always talks about these cameras slow to focus. For pictures this doesn't bother me but for video it's a concern. How do these really hold up against a P&S that's always in focus and the video quality it top notch.

Will these cameras constantly be refocusing and tracking especially when i zoom in and out during a video?

So with all that said between these two cameras only (or keeping my P&S), looking at video quality and usability alone which is better;

the Nex-5r or the Canon 100d/SL1 with a new STM lens.

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) NEX5R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow