Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Unfortunate
In reply to cerberusjf, Jun 15, 2013

cerberusjf wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

cerberusjf wrote:

wlad wrote:

..and it also proves that we actually get the 2 year warranty period "for free" , since the "extra" money does not go to the manufacturers or merchants to cover the costs of the additional year of warranty (compared to the US).

Don't U.S. customers get a 5 year warranty with lenses? In the U.K. it is only 1 year, but without being cheaper.

I don't know about warranty in US. But UK is a member of the EU - and EU demands 2 years at least.

What Nikon will offer in UK is of no interest for the customer except it is more than 2 years, or better warranty conditions, than the law - the warranty in Europe is a Reseller responsability in relation to the customer - not a matter for the manufacturer (they response to the reseller).

There is no way a reseller can offer less warranty og worse conditions than provided by the European Union Directive.

I do rearly think, that UK has ratified that directive.

This is not the fact for buying or selling in a privat deal. There will be no other rules than bought is bought, a 600-800 year old rule for treatment and dealing, implementet in most European Laws through the history.

BirgerH.

Hi,

I just checked the paperwork from my lenses and they dewfinitely state the warranty is for 1 year. This is a 2011 version of the paperwork, maybe things have changed?

I noticed that the Nikon 2 year consumer body warranty in the UK is with Nikon only for the first year. After that it is with an insurance company.... but this is not clear before you buy it. The body only stated that it has a 1 year warranty, which is upgraded to 2 years when it is registered.

Yes, thats what Nikon writes.

The reseller still have to offer you 2 years - if he still exist.

But be aware:

In the second year, you have to prove, that the issue was there from the start, or that it is an issue, with belongs to bad manufacturing. Thats the bad part of the 2 years of warranty.

First year, the burden of proof is the resellers - second year, it's yours. The Insurance Company takes over that burden.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow