History & Future of the dSLR

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lasse Eisele
Senior MemberPosts: 1,596
Like?
Re: History & Future of the dSLR
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Jun 15, 2013

You've received some harsh responses here, many of them well-deserved, but I don't feel the need to add any more of the kind.

The problem with the future of the DSLR, as I see it, is that the current generation is already so good. Most of us don't really need anything better than what we already have. There will be improvements, even vast improvements, but most of us don't need them.

I used to be in love with my D100. It was a wonderful camera at the time and it produced images that I still love. But all the time I was aware that I would eventually get something better. The same could be said about the D200 and D300.

Now, with the D800E, it's different. I finally feel at home. I will never need any better camera. I would possibly consider spending more money if I could get the same qualitity in a smaller form factor, perhaps a mirrorless FX camera with an electronic shutter (totally quiet and free from vibrations). If not, I will stay with my D800E.

Regards
Lasse

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow