Started Dec 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
GGuns
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Macbook Pro insufficient memory?
In reply to Tom_N, Jun 15, 2013

Tom_N wrote:

LDBOK wrote:

Sorry, I thought you were talking about converting the raw files to JPG or TIFF.

Maybe I misunderstand what CPP does. If you give it 2500 files to convert, does it write all of the conversion output to disk, without displaying any images? Or does it insist on bringing up 2500 JPG or TIFF windows?

If it is only converting from one disk file to another, there is no need to use RAM to hold anything other than the filenames, and the files currently being converted. As soon as you have converted file 1000, all of the RAM you used to process it should become available to process file 1001. That is, if the program isn't leaking memory (or virtual memory) like a sieve.

If it is keeping a bunch of images open, then yes, I can see that becoming a problem as the conversion progresses.

Your words: "If it is only converting from one disk file to another, there is no need to use RAM to hold anything other than the filenames, and the files currently being converted."

Hi.

I'm not PRO in MAC. Can u tell me in details how can i avoid this problem (I try to convert RAW to TIF and i get alert telling me: "Insufficient memory".

Thanke You for your time

Look forward to a reply.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow