Started Jun 15, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim Streater
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Kit zoom 18-55
Jun 15, 2013

My wife has a K100D Super, from new, with the 18-55 kit zoom it came with. I'm starting to conclude that this lens has generally poor resolution, although chromatic aberration is fairly low. AIUI, this lens has been improved/replaced a couple of times. I find a review of the original (our version) on this site, and one of a more recent version on photozone.de, but they present their data differently so it's hard to compare. PentaxForums has some user reviews that hint that the lens *is* better these days, but oddly they have no in-depth reviews of this particular zoom.

Can anyone point me at comparable numbers for older/newer versions of this lens, or perhaps someone who has owned both would like to comment on the differences. I'm trying to suggest to her that it's time to upgrade to a more recent Pentax.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Tim

ANSWER:
Pentax K100D Super Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL II (IF)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow