golf1982
Contributing MemberPosts: 645
Like?
Re: History & Future of the dSLR
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, 10 months ago

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

Yeah, great I get to be part of the human virus that causes other creatures to become extinct and preempts global climate change.

There are databases of thousands of photographs of the same locations are being stored from all over the earth. Very little can ever be said to be unique, from a photograph to a personal thought.

There are over 7 BILLION people on this planet. There have been BILLIONS before me and there will be BILLIONS after me. If you place a dollar value on a human life, it is not very much.

I think there may be medication that can help you more than dialogue. Just sayin'

Tell me how you can be unique under these circumstances?

Line up everyone from DPR at the same time and ask them to photograph the same thing, and almost all the pictures will look the same. Only a few people will try to do something interesting. Of those, only a few will succeed at their attempts.

Are you saying that *YOU* are one of the few of the few?

And doesn't *EVERYONE* believe that about their work?

No. We are all made feeble by over population. The averages are so common that average is almost always all we ever get. Show me your best work and I'll find obvious problems with it. The same is true with almost everyone here. Only the few of the few exceed us.

And when you compare yourself properly to 7 BILLION people and the BILLIONS before us and the BILLIONS after us; you'll begin to realize that you're just another nobody in a sea of nobodies, all of the alike, no one doing anything special, everyone following eachother. The rule of thirds, always hold your camera this way, use this filter for that effect, do this do that, until almost every single one of us at a similar scene end up doing the same thing.

And yet a few will show us something different. Will it be you???? I know I haven't won the lottery. A lot of people think they will, but few ever do. How to stand out against a backdrop of so many?

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

You might be interested to learn that this is a camera forum. Can i suggest that you find a philosophy forum to rant on,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow