Lightroom v5?

Started Jun 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,293Gear list
Like?
Useful for me anyway
In reply to digit, Jun 15, 2013

digit wrote:

Ok, anyone upgrade to Lightroom 5? I ask "upgrade" because I'm wondering if it is worth the jump since it costs to make the change. So, going from 4.4 to 5, it is worth the $70?

I've seen where a couple of changes were made to some of the brushes and faster thumbnails. Inquiring minds would want to know.

I think it's definitely worth the upgrade price.  They've added some  useful functionality, including some very nice enhancements to the adjustment brush similar to the content aware fill in Photoshop. They also have a tool to fix perspective issues and also automatically straighten an image to the horizon or other vertical/horizontal lines.  I've already found the new features to be very useful and a real timesaver.  Well worth the upgrade cost.  Of course, whether that applies to you is totally dependent on whether the specific enhancements are useful for your own PP needs.

I believe you can try it out before actually having to commit to buying a license.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow