Nikon Rumors predicts D4x
Put me down for 2, thanks. Unless it has the dreaded left AF focus issue!
Not sure if this is thread-worthy, but here's the link: http://nikonrumors.com/2013/02/04/more-nikon-d4x-rumors.aspx/
- Same body as the Nikon D4
- 36 MP sensor without AA filter, designed and made by Nikon, with some new improvements (moirein-camera reduction)
- 6 fps (11 fps is the maximum possible fps with the current shutter)
- Few video improvements
- Price should be few hundred dollars above the D4 (currently listed for $5996.95).
- Announcement expected in fall of 2013
Why bother upgrading the D4 if it's just going to be a D800E with 1 more FPS in a dual-grip body with improved video?
It's more likely to be an 18-23 MP with a next gen EXPEED processor or two while maintaining that 11 FPS (or maybe a slight bump up to 13-15 to match or better the 1DX). That or if sticking to 11-13 FPS range, then the AF will be expanded for more AF + quicker AF.
Looking to second shoot for a pro in NYC!