Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
millerjs
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: Unfortunate
In reply to cerberusjf, Jun 15, 2013

Nikon are shooting themselves in the foot, if this is how they behave. They should be doing everything to resolve the problem as fast as possible, not the reverse. A customer does not owe Nikon any favours. It reflects very badly on Nikon and prosective customers should be warned about their poor service and attitude. In all the "should I get Canon or Nikon" threads I've seen, I don't think I've seen customer service commented on. And when you need it, it is very important, much more than how a camera feels in the hand imho.

I have been a long time Nikon user and I just had a rough go around with their service department.

I bought a D5200 and two months in the charger died and I did not have another charger that was compatible with the batteries. Call the guys at B & H and he couldn't replace it because it was after 30 days. I was going to buy one but they were out of stock on the chargers. B & H was surprised that it was out of stock.

First huge problem with me in that you release a brand new camera and the chargers are out of stock so if you need another one tough.

Go to Nikon and try to buy one while I get a warranty replacement and they don't have one it stock. They told me to send it in and they will immediately replace it.

I needed my batteries charged to do a job so I had to find someone local that had a charger and he charged them for me which cost about 50 miles in travel because I had to leave them.

I sent the charger in so it got there the next day. Days go by no response. Another call to support and it's was just put in the system and they will issue a replacement. Told them it was a dire situation because I had no way to buy another one because they are out of stock.

Another day and another no response from shipping. I get a manager on the phone and give him and earful and I get the "big promise" it being expedited immediately.

Three more days and no email response. Call again it being shipped. Three more days no response. Call again - not happy - and find out it was shipped that day but it must of went late because it took an extra day to come in.

The level of communication was some of the worst I have seen in 25 years of dealing with all the equipment manufacturers.

I did not get a one email verifying anything! But they were nice enough to send emails to verify that I called to complain four times.

If you think about an item like a charger that's something they should always have in stock. I understand that it can take time to turn around a warranty issue but their was no way to buy another one.

Also a care less attitude from the service manager.

I've dealt with Panasonic on the video end - they will turn stuff around in one day. This was ridiculous.

Not like the old days. Not even close.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow