Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
cerberusjf
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
Re: depends
In reply to Mako2011, Jun 15, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

I all depends on the issue causing it. It can be anything in the optical path from lens, AF-Sub mirrior (hard to adjust), primary mirrior (easy to adjust and some have done it at home, or maybe AF-Unit adjust (very hard to adjust..relative usually a replacement required). Not all AF problems are created equal

Understood

Maybe it's my personal experience, but I find it difficult to believe Nikon fixes things first time very often..

They do. We don't here about that as often here.

My experience with my first Nikon D5100 in case anyone is interested:-

By which service center?

The service centre I dealt with was Kingston, U.K..  The company actually doing the work were Johnsons Photopia.

Top sensor causing camera to freeze at small apertures 3 trips to fix

Whay is a "top sensor" ?

Sorry, the centre-top focus point in the sensor.

There have been a few hit with the unlucky rock. It happens. Not the norm, statistically, as I have been told. Always a bummer for the user when it happens though. Good Luck

Well, I haven't included other mistakes that Nikon basically made.  I followed their instructions exactly and it caused me trouble on at least two occasions because the people at Nikon forgot something or they didn't know their own system.  Another time I fortunately spotted their mistake and ignored the instructions I was told (over the phone this time) and followed the printed instructions.

When Nikon catagorically stated that all work is thoroughly checked before equipment is returned, I asked how they missed the A/M switch on the lens, the back-focus not corrected, the front focus or the malfunctioning centre-top focus point.  I haven't had an answer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow