Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
cerberusjf
Regular MemberPosts: 295
Like?
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.
In reply to ryan2007, Jun 15, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

cerberusjf wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

Easy to resolve. Just return or sell what you have and switch to a different manufacture. Nikon is not the only choice. Its just a camera, they all do the same basic thing. You can donate the camera if your in the USA and get a tax credit, their is always a solution.

You can get a different DSLR, look at mirror-less cameras too that still have the same sensor size in a smaller form.

Not so easy wothout taking a financial hit. How much would the OP get for a camera body that doesn't work properly? And what loss would the OP have to take on lenses? Through no fault of his or her own? That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

No matter what you loose money even inside the manufacture going from a D5100 to D7100 whatever it is.

Yes I think that is understood, but if the OP changed systems he or she would be losing money because Nikon is not fixing the problem, not through personal choice.  I think that is very unfair.

I'm glad the Fuji system works for you, I am interested in it too but am waiting to see if they sort some of the things I don't like about it before considering it further.

Last, we can talk about any manufacture and defects. IF you think it important B&H Photo does sell the Square Trade warrantee that is full replacement. I am not a warrantee person but I think it is a good warrantee product and I bought it for my GH-3 and 12-35 2.8 that is a over $2K set up.

I'm a bit skeptical about some of these warranties, often they say they last 3 years, but looking more closely, you can only use them once. But I do appreciate the peace-of-mind they give.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow