RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fazal Majid
Contributing MemberPosts: 857Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to halfmonkey, Jun 15, 2013

halfmonkey wrote:

Actually, my kids do pretty well when we ask them to stop so that I can take a picture. Granted the moment is a quick moment but they do stop. So when I say that I'm taking pictures of my little, it's not like I'm running behind them trying to take action shots all day long. I use the camera to take pictures of our family and of the kids in the moment. Yes, sometimes, they are random shots where I try and capture of moment of whatever it is they're doing and other times, I'll ask them to stop for a second so I can take a picture of whatever it is that's of interest.

If you do that, you'll only get staged photos, it's the unguarded snapshots that are the most precious.

Compact size, full frame, fast AF - pick 2.

It looks as if a big heavy DSLR is not going to work out for you as you can't tolerate the bulk and are already leaving it behind. This means you should reconsider full-frame and opt instead for a camera that is both light and has autofocus. As I mentioned, the Fuji X100S is a good choice (my everyday camera), as is the Sony RX100 (my wife's). The recent Olympus are pretty good as well, and the next-generation Fuji X-Pro will most likely be.

-- hide signature --

Fazal Majid (http://www.majid.info)

Fazal Majid's gear list:Fazal Majid's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Leica M Typ 240 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow