Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 14,343
Like?
Pic Control
In reply to deVista, 10 months ago

deVista wrote:

I moved to a Nikon D90 because it produced healthy looking white persons skin (when compared to the pale looking skin my Canon produced) without the need for processing.

I am now going to move to a 24mp body, but need to keep the size and weight to that associated with the DX range. However, I have noticed that the D7100 produces a more dead colour in the beige-tan colour ranges and therefore presume that the D5200 would be a better choice (from the perspective of how healthy my subjects would look).

Can anyone confirm that I am on the right track or offer a link to sample images of Caucasian/white people for Nikons?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

first do you shoot RAW or JPEG. The two cameras are setup difficulty out of the box regards camera defaults so that is a player. The RAW shooter has great latitude regards shin color/tone so for those folks...not a big issue either camera. The Jpeg only shooter is more limited but Custom Picture Control utilities (they are free and come with Nikon software) allow for flexibility as well (saturation/Hue settings), just a bit more work on the front side involved. You can customize Pic Controls in camera as well. Good Luck

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow