D2H, Why so Much for a 4MP Camera?

Started Jun 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Gpruitt54
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: You should be able to get a used D2H for around $400 (pics)
In reply to ranalli, Jun 14, 2013

ranalli wrote:

Lovely shots...proof that megapixels are FAR FAR FAR from everything when it comes to good photography.

I bought the D2h for the event photography I do several times a year (Walk and Roll events for American Cancer Society, Corporate fundraising events, Company outings, etc.  I wanted (No, needed) something that could hold up to the riggers, indoors and outdoors alike.  Yeah, it is an old camera (2001-ish), yeah it is only 4MP. But I was able to get it on Ebay for a good price.  Besides, the products of this work is for web distribution where ultra-high MP is really not needed. That is why I held onto my D200.

The flower photo was me messing around with my old-school Ai lens.  I kind of like the results.  It's nothing that a little Lightroom 4 cannot fix.

Gpruitt54's gear list:Gpruitt54's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow