How long can digital bodies last.......even the good ones?

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 985Gear list
Like?
Re: Back in the day...
In reply to Roger99, Jun 14, 2013

Roger99 wrote:

Honest quality could be a thing of the past. Just glad I still have my old Nikon film kit for emergencies, and of course the feel of a well built machine occasionally.

The "honest quality" was a big selling point when stuff was relatively expensive, compared to the average earnings, the technology didn't develop very fast, and quality was generally hard to come by. People wanted to pay extra for lasting quality in something they would only buy once or twice in a lifetime.

Not many are willing to pay top dollar for "honest quality" in the age when everything is an expendable commodity and the quality of  cheap commodities is usually good enough to outlast the usefulness of the product. I don't expect my camera to last 20 years, but I'd be p!ssed if it didn't last 4-5.

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow