What are you using for macro photography?

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,830Gear list
Like?
Partly there
In reply to Glen78, Jun 14, 2013

Glen78 wrote:

The newest models (D600 definitely and I believe D4, D800, D7100, maybe the D5200) have an option for up to a 3 second exposure delay (option d10 on mine). When used in conjunction with mirror lockup the first click of the shutter (or remote) locks up the mirror and the second click starts the 3 second delay before exposure. Should solve the problem you are describing without resorting to the dark side.

It's good to hear that Nikon's fixing the ghastly live view implementation that my D300 has. But it still doesn't have an electronic first shutter curtain like Canon and (gasp!) Sony. And has Nikon fixed the auto stopdown in live view? That's another piece of grief. Fortunately, I use an AI Micro Nikkor for close-up/copy work and I can set the aperture anywhere I want. I like to focus at f/4 and then stop down to whatever the image requires.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow