Question on 5D3 exposure accuracy.

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,230
Like?
Re: Question on 5D3 exposure accuracy.
In reply to Buchanan, Jun 14, 2013

Buchanan wrote:

T Nels: I have tried all combination of modes and settings and compared results with my 60D. When using identical settings and even the same lens the 60D exposure will look right to me and and its histogram will nearly always be centered when using AV and TV, while the 5DIII will generally be 2/3 stop to the left on the histogram and the shot will be darker. Particularly when shooting indoors I will have +2/3 EC dialed into the 5D3 while the 60D needs nothing. I asked the experts at my local camera shop and they said this is normal with higher-end Canon cameras and is done to protect highlights.

Puzzling as the camera does have a highlight protection option. My 5D2 was considered a higher-end camera and it seemed expose more accurately at centre. Oh well I guess we just have to live with it. Mine may have been a tad outside the spec in the underexposed direction. I need to shoot more to really see for sure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow