1JB
1JB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Jun 14, 2013

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

halfmonkey wrote:

I would probably say that my primary focus at this point is taking pictures of my little kids. They're 5.5, 4, and 6 months.

The one thing that should hold you back from the RX1 is the abysmal autofocus performance it exhibits. When will your kids not be moving when you want to take their picture? Basically never - so the RX1 will never really cut it for your subjects!

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

I would hardly characterize the autofocus performance of the RX1 as abysmal.  Under normal lighting conditions, including lights on inside a house, the use of autofocus with single point focus tracking works quite well at tracking the subject and capturing the shot in focus.   Add to that the use of auto iso  to set your aperture and speed along with the clean images at high isos and it's a very effective camera.   Is it among the top cameras for tracking a moving subject, certainly not but it is perfectly capable of traking a subject.

As i think about the comparison between the 5D and the RX1 another consideration is the quality of the video.  I have not been impressed with the quality of the videos I have taken wiht the RX1.  I may just not be using the correct codec.   My RX100 seems to do a much better job when it comes to video and I would expect the 5D is better by far.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow