Would you be happier with your camera if you didn't frequent gear forums?

Started Jun 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
joejack951
Senior MemberPosts: 2,456Gear list
Like?
Re: I didn't learn anything on this one ;-)
In reply to antoineb, Jun 14, 2013

antoineb wrote:

(1) I think I learn much more when I go out and take photographs, than when I waste time on these forums. There are way too many gear heads here who seem to worry more about some difficult to measure parameter, than about a good composition

Learning about composition, lighting, posing, etc. is something I see as completely separate from learning about how to get the most out of the equipment I own. I learn very little about the former here, other than from reviewing others photos and noting what I like, but I learn quite a bit about the latter here.

(2) I own a couple good books about photography, and have found them immensely more useful, and much more quickly read, than the huge amount of posts in the forums here

I've found books good for general advice. The forums here are great for very specific details.

joejack951's gear list:joejack951's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:)New
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow