Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 365Gear list
Like?
Re: Best to buy camera bodies at local camera stores with good rep, saves hassles later
In reply to Midwest, Jun 14, 2013

Best practice I have used is to always buy camera bodies at reputable local camera stores with good service and return policies, never online. The lenses, however, depending on the price can be purchased online from good stores like B&H Photo or perhaps Amazon with sellers with good reviews online at Amazon. I find new lenses, not used lenses, rarely have any issues so little risk or return involved and new lenses include warranty. Save on lenses if you like online, although with expensive camera bodies, I would not chance buying online due to issues if servicing needed.

Camera bodies I would rather just deal with retail camera store, if any issues, in person, saves on back and forth shipping issues and service issues which is a hassle. The extra price of buying a camera body at a local camera store with good rep is worth more (and piece of mind) especially if you have ever run into problems with new purchases. Simple to return and service. Of course, I am in Canada and buy from Vistek and Henry's mostly (and B&H online from New York for lenses, accessories, and Amazon occasionally for some small items).

Some of us should stop trying to save the last buck, and buy local for piece of mind and good service.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Olympus PEN E-PL1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow