Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
halfmonkey
Regular MemberPosts: 144Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Jun 14, 2013

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

halfmonkey wrote:

I would probably say that my primary focus at this point is taking pictures of my little kids. They're 5.5, 4, and 6 months.

The one thing that should hold you back from the RX1 is the abysmal autofocus performance it exhibits. When will your kids not be moving when you want to take their picture? Basically never - so the RX1 will never really cut it for your subjects!

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

Actually, my kids do pretty well when we ask them to stop so that I can take a picture. Granted the moment is a quick moment but they do stop. So when I say that I'm taking pictures of my little, it's not like I'm running behind them trying to take action shots all day long. I use the camera to take pictures of our family and of the kids in the moment. Yes, sometimes, they are random shots where I try and capture of moment of whatever it is they're doing and other times, I'll ask them to stop for a second so I can take a picture of whatever it is that's of interest.

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow