Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jakes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,496
Like?
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.
In reply to disintegrating edge, Jun 14, 2013

disintegrating edge wrote:

I have had many Nikon cameras and lenses over the years and some Canon as well. The only camera I ever had an issue with was the Nikon D7000. It had a focusing problem similar to what you are describing. I sent it to Nikon 3 times also and they never fixed it. The replaced parts on the second and third time, or at least said they did. It was always returned preforming EXACTLY the same as when I sent it in. They told me that the camera was "fine" and basically insinuated that it was user error. I finally gave up and sold it. It was not that I was trying to dump in on someone else. I thought maybe it was simply my problem if Nikon said they tested it and it was preforming as it should. It was after this that I shot Canon for the last bit of time. However the 5D series are just too heavy for me. I have just purchased the Nikon 5200 (which I know shares the same AF as the 7000 that I had so many problems with.) I should get my kit tomorrow. I guess that will finally settle it once and for all in my mind if it was me or the camera.
I hope that you are able to resolve your issues. Good luck!

I haven't seen any "my D5200 won't focus " threads here. Mine is fine.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow