Started Jun 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,294Gear list
Like?
Re: The new FZ200, something's different
In reply to JoePhoto, Jun 14, 2013

Ronomy wrote:

JoePhoto wrote:

Can I please ask exactly what is iA+ mode ???

Is this in addition to the standard P-A-S-M modes, or are we talking something completely different ???

I don't have FZ200 yet but eagerly awaiting next model to replace a Nikon P500.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto

( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

iA mode is Panasonic's intelligent auto mode. It is basically all automatic settings selected by the camera but not like P mode. The camera has scene settings that are designed for taking pictures like macro, scenery and flowers. Even HDR. It also turns on more processing like intelligent dynamic and intelligent resolution (ires and izoom). iA+ is the same but allows you to adjust aperture, white balance and exposure so it adds some override to iA only mode.

Can you override shutter-speed instead of aperture ???

Shutter Speed is usually more-important to me than aperture.  (I at least always want to know what my Shutter Speed is.)

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto
( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

No you can't set shutter in this mode. You will have to use S. You could use A and vary A to get the shutter speed you want using the meter. You can't force iso in iA either. So its only good for point and shoot a lot of the times.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow