Started Jun 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Motts
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,995
Like?
Re: clients simple dont care
In reply to roustabout66, Jun 14, 2013

roustabout66 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Exactly. Even from my 35mm film in my F5, my 8x10 wedding album prints have virtually zero grain. I've even done 16x20 prints from them without any comments as to grain.

That's interesting Dave. When did you shoot 35mm for weddings? The reason I ask is back when I was doing weddings in the late 70s and early 80s everyone was using 120 and Honeywell potato masher flashes. I was the only one in my area who added 35mm and fast film (Fujicolor 400) for my second shooter to do some available light stuff. The main camera was VPS of course. Second shooter and available light with small cameras was pretty revolutionary stuff at the time

My lab hated me and kept trying to convince me to stick to 120 but I liked the results I got. More importantly the clients bought the prints

I actually regret doggedly sticking to 120 film until I went digital. I'd have been much better using 35mm and loosening up a bit!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow