Senior MemberPosts: 2,320Gear list
Like?
Back on track and a word about obsessing
In reply to Detail Man, Jun 14, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

Klaus dk wrote:

Basalite wrote:

fad wrote:

Optometrist do not correct you vision fully. It makes people feel uncomfortable.

I doubt that very much.

I don't. Both my present and my former optician told me the same thing. Both are/were reputable professionals.

I wonder in what particular respects they modify the optical corrections, and if there exists some common standard numerical amount(s) by which they modify such correction parameters.

I also wondered, but if I asked, I have forgotten the answer. I supposed they know what they are doing. But are we not sidestepping the actual discussion here?

I agree with others, that the sharpness of a lens is a good thing and I think price considerations will keep sharpness freaks in check.

Advances in technology is not driven by a "good enough" attitude. Advances are only possible because lensmakers are obsessed with sharpness, sensor designers are obsessed with pixel count and high ISO noise and customers are obsessed with value for money.

If noone obsessed, we would still be using 1 MP cameras costing 2000 USD.

My wife insists, that all my lenses can look into the future and show how she will look in ten years time, but that is another matter entirely

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow