Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 782
Like?
6D: Airshow more Hercules and a Viggen
10 months ago

Here are some more photos that I meant to post on the other thread, but it was full.  Thanks all for the kind comments on that thread.

I think propellor blur is very important,  Qianp2k wrote in the other thread that the subject is more important. While I don’t totally disagree with that, I do think that on an aircraft like the C130, propeller discs are the nicest thing about it.

Another point is that what you see at an airshow, and what makes you go ooo and aaah, is circular propeller discs, spectators don’t see partial discs, they see complete discs.

One advantage of FF  for airshows that hasn’t been mentioned yet is exemplified by the close-up of the Hercules here. If I’d used a crop camera, it would have been too close. On this one which was off-centre I had a head in one corner and vignetting in another, I deleted that in Lightroom (I hope successfully), but at least the corners were there so I didn’t have to crop out parts of the propeller. My logic is probably all messed up here, but feel free to tell me that!

I also swiped a Viggen photo from the camera, and did a quick process, just to show that I can do sharp photos too;-)

Hope you like them.

/Neil

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow