Started Jun 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
also el
Regular MemberPosts: 312
Like?
thanks for nitro
Jun 14, 2013

i put a fresh install of xp on an older dell dimension recently.    i keep it going for an older printer and scanner that apparently aren't recognized by windows 7.

needed to print out tickets for grand daughter's dance recital and had not put adobe reader for pdf on the dell yet.    the ticket vender had a window to click on for latest version of adobe reader so i took it.    it would open for viewing but not let me print with a message something about not finding a library or something (sorry i didn't read close)  but the error code began with 'lex....'   and to try and  'reinstall the application'.   so naturally i figured something wrong with lexmark.    uninstalled it and reinstalled it....  same problem.

printed a photo with no problem so i know printer was ok.     uninstalled adobe reader.   remembered a discussion here about alternative pdf readers a month or two ago.  found download for nitro.      now everything hunkydory!!   (now if someone comes up with a flash player other than adobe's,  i'll be real happy.)

bottom line....  thanks to all you who share their wisdom here.   you've saved me more than once.

elliott

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow