Started Jun 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Gpruitt54
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: Great shots!
In reply to MarkJH, Jun 14, 2013

MarkJH wrote:

Gpruitt54 wrote:

Good stuff, man. And these photos leverage the D2H's strengths: big subject filling the screen, comparatively low requirement for detail. As you'd expect, it'll be similarly great with headshots, product macro, etc. Quite a bit of versatility there.

I love my D200, but honestly, the D2h is a more versatile tool.

Eh . . . I'd say "whoh whoh whoh, hold yer shootin', Tex" on that statement. The D2H can't control a setup of off-camera CLS strobes on-the-fly with a built-in flash. It can't shoot a clean ISO 800. Take another shot three steps back from those flowers (or shoot a portrait that isn't head-and-shoulders--say 3/4 or environmental / full body) and you'll start to see some serious lack of detail, even in web-size results.

It's great for what it is--but I think it's a good thing you've kept your D200, too.

Good points all.  I will shoot this same image, exposure, lens, and tubes using but with the D200.  I expect to see lots more detail, after all, its a macro shot.

Gpruitt54's gear list:Gpruitt54's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow