Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 12,510
Like?
Re: good or bad
In reply to Mako2011, 10 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

lock wrote:

He wrote "They finally agreed that since they cannot repair it that they would replace the equipment.

Yes, that is Nikon's unpublished policy.

When I asked them to send me a confirmation email that they were going to replace the equipment, they refused to, and told me that they would just try to repair it again."

Yes, that is there policy as well. It would have indicated replacement on the invoice though.

In the end, Nikon was not going to replace it at all. Unacceptable.

They were going to replace it...then they got pushed (in their mind...we don't know what was actually said). Unfortunately, I've seen this before when things are demanded. I would have simply recommend the OP take the replacement when offered.

If they had offered to replace the camera for me I would have just said 'hallelujah, thank you, how do we proceed' and not demanded some proof that they were going to replace it. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow