History & Future of the dSLR

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,810Gear list
Like?
Years of disarray, apparently ;)
In reply to Grevture, Jun 13, 2013

Grevture wrote:...

I'm beginning to believe that photography is less about the actual photograph and more about the equipment than ever before, and that this will not change anytime soon.

Wow, that is both partly self contradicting and provoking at the same time. Nice one.

Perhaps the biggest investment you could make for yourself is to stop buying equipment altogether. Because no matter what you do, in a decade a D800 camera will be something so pathetic and useless, you'll wonder why people even talked about some utterly insignificant difference between the D800 and D800e.

Getting a bit carried away, are we?

It won't matter, and you wouldn't be caught dead shooting that old piece of junk anyway, either of them. So you could save yourself 10s of 1000s of dollars and just stop now.

Or, maybe you could stop writing nonsense?

It's almost impossible to think about, isn't it? I can't stop.

So you cannot stop doing something you consider impossible? That explains a lot about your reasoning

I know that. I enjoy it too much to stop. But I also understand that in a decade (possibly and even probably less), I'm really not going to care at all anyway. I'll be using something far better by then.

This idea that all my photography is becoming obsolete helps me to relax.

Much like your forum posts?

I'm not painting the cysteine chapel, EVER!! No one will ever take a picture that lasts the test of time; because in just a short decade no one will be using these outdated, featureless, obsolete cameras anymore. And beyond that, we could all be taking hologram pics or memory photos that connect directly to a person's brain to give them a chance to see what the martian landscape would look like if you were standing right there on the planet. So every picture I take today, I take with the knowledge that after just a little time passes and I'm another decade older, that I won't care about them.... at all.

Points for effort at being provocative, but you seem to loose steam about half way through, becoming a bit to incoherent to actually make anyone take you very seriously. If anyone did to begin with

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow