RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
GeorgeP256
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to halfmonkey, Jun 13, 2013

halfmonkey wrote:

Funny how you were in the same boat. I really didn't think anybody else would compare these two cameras.

You mentioned that you mostly shot at 35mm anyways. Was that 35mm after the conversion since you were shooting on a crop camera or was it 35mm as stated on the lens but without converting by 1.6 since you shot on a crop camera? Before the conversion, it would amount to shooting at 56mm.

Do you find that you miss the zoom much? I know we can just use our legs to "zoom" in and out but do you find yourself saying that you wish you could just zoom in from where you're standing or sitting very often?

35mm after conversion. The lens I used the most was the 17-55mm EF-S 2.8 (27 - 88 equivalent), which I typically shot near the wide end. I do miss the zoom a bit though. You often cannot "zoom" with your legs at a recital, for example. What compensates a bit is the fact you can crop a lot with this camera because of the sharp, fast lens, and high resolution sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow