Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
averacpa
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Modular Camera Bag/Pouch
10 months ago

As a recent convert to M4/3, I am very happy about the lighter and smaller load.  However that brings me to a new issue.  I am able to carry all of my equipment in a Lowe Pro Nova 4 AW bag.  This consist of:

1. Panasonic GX1 on a RRS plate with a 20 f1.7 lens mounted
  2. Pan 45-150 lens
  3. Pan 100-300
  4. Oly 9-18
  5. Oly 45
  6. Pan LX5 backup camera
  7. Filters: ND 3 & 10 stop, 2 Coklin Grad filters and 77mm adapter, 72mm polarizing filter, several step up rings, 2 52mm close up filters
  8. spare batteries, SD cards, cleaning cloth
  9. Remote shutter

Now that is a bit of stuff and the problem is given the small size, you run a high risk of dropping lens or filters as you pull things out of the bag.  I feel like my wife rummaging through her bag just to find her keys.  There is a lot of small stuff in there.

What I am planning to try is to use several (1-2) small pouches that mount onto my pant belt, particularly for use with the telephoto lens in addition to a smaller bag like the Domke F-5XB.  The pouches I am looking at are the Lowe Pro Dash Point 20 and the Domke F-903. This will minimize the chance of an accidental drop in equipment and allow me for a quicker lens switch.

Any thoughts?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow