RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
earful
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
Re: RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii
In reply to halfmonkey, Jun 13, 2013

halfmonkey wrote:

I completely understand what you're saying and I agree that it's not going to be the best camera to take pictures of my little kids.

But that's where the compromise comes in and the difficulty that I'm having comes into play. I can have the camera with me at all times and not get some or even most of the shots that I take of my kids with the RX1 OR I can get zero shots with the 5D iii because of the better AF that I will not be taking it with me at all because of the size and weight.

To counter agrue that point, I could say that I can get the 5D iii and use it on special occassions or where it would make sense to bring the camera and have my S95 do daily duty in my wife's purse or in my pocket. I can still take some good shots with the S95 and something is better than nothing in that regards but then I go back to thinking, the whole point of even looking at the RX1 was I can upgrade to FF instead of using the S95 for daily shots.

Wish I could just get both the RX1 and the 5D iii but money doesn't grow on trees.

pm sean lancaster, who went through this ordeal. i think he ended up with a canon 6d after first thinking he was going to go with a nikon instead. or hang on a bit longer. sonyalpharumors is claiming there will be a variant of the rx1 announced in august and stevehuff is claiming there is some exciting stuff in the sony pipeline - people are speculating it will be a ff nex (though i'm not certain that would resolve the consistently reliable af issue some have with the rx1). i'm not a great believer in waiting for the next best thing, but it might be the wiser choice in this instance.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow