halfmonkey
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: DON"T BUY THE 24-70 !
In reply to DFPanno, 10 months ago

DFPanno wrote:

halfmonkey wrote:

DFPanno wrote:

In my opinion the 24-70 is an overrated lens .. Way over-rated. Get the 24-105 kit and keep the difference or spend it on a RX100! (or get a 40mm STM)

Does this image look deficient to you?

I bought and then returned the 24-70 II. IQ was only slighter better than my 24-105 and then only at the corners. Slightly less distortion at 24mm. Slightly better contrast.

No disrespect but are you sure it's not user error or maybe you just got bad glass?

it's a lens; not a rocket ship. That said I may have gotten a bad copy. It also might be that I have an excellent copy of the 24-105. Dunno but I sent the 24-70 back.

Keep in mind that the IS is very nice; especially for indoor family life.

Yes, it is a lens and not a rocket ship but just like a wrench or an air gun, it is a tool and if you don't know how to use the tool, you're not going to get the result that the tool was designed to give.

From everything that I've read, if you compare Canon's 24-70 ii to other lens in that range, it's always comes out being the best. The biggest complaint that I hear is that although it is a great lens, people aren't sure that it necessarily worth the $1k more that it's asking over the 24-70 i.

halfmonkey's gear list:halfmonkey's gear list
Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow