X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
digicosmos
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?
In reply to baobob, Jun 13, 2013

Thank you guys for an interesting discussion.  I did take a walk around the same location and realized that wind could be a contributing factor in that picture.  The foliage on the left was shaking more violently than that on the right.  I did overlook that part.

That being said, I would say that the X100s does have some aggressive NR issue that also caused the picture to look plasticky.  Besides, I don't know how DR works (heard it was like exposing shadow with ISO800 and highlight with ISO200 to retain more details in highlight/shadow areas), but I have to say DR boosts seem to be really strange on X100s and I should probably turn it off.

I guess I might need to shoot RAW on X100s to get the pictures I want.  Unfortunately there is not a decent RAW developer for X100s so far.  Definitely not LR at this time.

Regards

digicosmos's gear list:digicosmos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-5N Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Pentax K-5 IIs +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow