Replacement Motherboard Defective, What Can I Do?

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Questions thread
Glenn Haley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127
Like?
Re: Replacement Motherboard Defective, What Can I Do?
In reply to Glenn Haley, Jun 13, 2013

Sorry about the no Text above, I hit the Return key by accident DPR does not allow editing.

Now my problem.

My ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard recently developed a startup problem. Cold startups took a very long time but hot startups were normal. I contacted ASRock and got an RMA for repairs and sent them my board. A few days later they said my board was out of warranty but I could get a replacement board for $50.00. I mailed them a check and another few days received a replacement board (not new) which had a 3 month warranty. After installing the board I found it was defective. It would start and run okay but would not restart. I would have to turn off the power and wait several minutes before it would start. This is the third ASRock X58 Extreme motherboard I've had that developed startup problems.

I have tried to 3 times contact ASRock support about an exchange or refund but they do not return my emails. I'm not an expert on fraud but I sure feel defrauded.

What do you suggest I do next?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow