Just got my D7100 w/ 16-55mm Lens and have a few questions?

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,714Gear list
Like?
Re: Just got my D7100 w/ 16-55mm Lens and have a few questions?
In reply to mosswings, Jun 13, 2013

mosswings wrote:

Exactly. The MobileLite hub also allows "bridging", so you can access the internet through the hub while transfer is in progress. Otherwise, it establishes a local network consisting of the tablet and hub alone.

If you shut down the app (by either switching off the wifi or suspending it), you'll lose immediate completion indication, but you can monitor the HDD activity light to determine job status. I have tested the transfer rate at around 10-12MB/sec using a 20MB/sec Sandisk Extreme II SD card and the aforementioned USB3 HDD. This is comparable to transfer speeds obtained by dedicated photo vaults and is limited largely by the USB2 interface. The Hyperdrive UDMA2 is faster in certain circumstances, but not by that much. In any case, a 4GB SD card of 20MB/sec or faster will transfer in about 6-7 minutes.

Incidentally, the ability to launch and complete autonomously is a capability of several other wireless hubs as well - it's just that the Kingston appears to have the most efficent and speedy implementation. Some other product's firmware limits transfer speeds to less than 3MB/sec and often much less.

If your tablet offers USB OTG input (like Android tablets do but iPads do not - you have to use the Camera Connector) you can plug the hub directly into the tablet and it reverts to a wired hub.

Thanks again. I think this solution is in my near future

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow