RX1 vs. Canon 5D iii

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greg Lemieux
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
Re: one more thing
In reply to EthanP99, Jun 13, 2013

EthanP99 wrote:

I love the leaf shutter of the rx1, taking kids photos is easy with a nearly silent camera. Something a dslr cannot do. They won't know you're taking their photo. I've photographed children for a few years and large cameras in some kids faces, well some of them don't like / are scared of it.

Although I don't own either of these cameras, I want to echo these sentiments.  I received a Nikon D90 with 3 different lenses as a generous gift, and while I love the low-light performance it offers, the shutter slap definitely affects the response I get from my 3 year old (and even some adults).  I guess I should have desensitized her to it by getting an SLR earlier in her life!  The only time it isn't as much of a problem is when she's running around with other kids or mom.  Because of that I'm seriously considering saving up for an RX1 or it's compliment/successor camera rumored to be out later this year.  I'll hang on to the D90 for those times I know I'll be taking action shots of her and the family.  Maybe that's an option for you as well?

Greg Lemieux's gear list:Greg Lemieux's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow