Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dawgtired
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Almost embarrased to post this question here
Jun 13, 2013

I have three or four SD cards that are full or almost full. My phone and IPads are apple. My computer belongs to the company and it's a Dell. I know I need to start working on the photos before it gets overwhelming, if it hasn't already. My camera is set up to take B/W JPEGS and color in DNG. The DNG files are large and since I haven't downloaded my free version of lightroom, I can't even see the DNG files. Thus my embarrasement. I guess I'm a little intimidated by computers since when I was in college in the mid 70's we had one main frame. We had to sign up for a time to get on it and we used punch cards. So, considering I am not a pro photographer but a serious hobbyist...can someone suggest which Apple computer I should go with? Also why without getting technical? Can you tell a big difference with the retina display, for example?

Thank y'all so much for helping me out with this!!!

Dawgtired's gear list:Dawgtired's gear list
Leica M9 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow