Furious about a disastrous Panasonic Lumix G Survey! (UK)

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael J Davis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,430Gear list
Like?
Furious about a disastrous Panasonic Lumix G Survey! (UK)
Jun 13, 2013

I received an e-mail today inviting me to participate in a Lumix G customer survey. Being a retired marketing consultant I usually cooperate with such requests, and did so.

But a large number of questions have, in addition to the expected inane choices, a final box marked 'Other' with a blank box - presumably for completion. Being the thinking person I am - some 50% of my responses fell into the other category - only to find that having ticked the radio button and filled in the box, the questionnaire gave me the response "this is a required field" (or something similar)! The only way I could move on was by witholding the most important information they would get from me.

One question asked 'which other cameras did you consider when you bought your Lumix G?" - well I didn't! The original G1 was just what I needed and because m4/3 was supported by more than one manufacturer, (another response they didn't get) I didn't consider any others. But - guess what! - there's no option to say I didn't consider any other cameras! ;-(

So shall I write to tell them? Nope - they don't even give me an e-mail address to tell them (free of charge) why their survey is a total waste of money for them - or worse - it will collect much of the wrong information. A disaster!

Why the hell can't a company like Panasonic use professional Market Researchers for its market feedback?

Are you reading this Panasonic(UK)? If so please contact me and I'll explain where you are going wrong!

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 50 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow