Too bad we have lost the real geniuses on this forum!

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,517Gear list
Like?
Re: Too bad we have lost the real geniuses on this forum!
In reply to anotherMike, Jun 13, 2013

anotherMike wrote:

I guess I just don't see the major attack aspect, Steve. First off, take a look at thom hogans site this morning for some interesting commentary, and second, do you really think that Nikon/Canon/Sony etc are sitting there without doing any further sensor research themselves? Of course not. There obviously is ongoing and continuing research into sensor development from all players, and there will be of course progression in sensor capabilities as we age and newer stuff comes out. These guys aren't the only players on the block, in other words, so I'm a long way from writing Canon and Nikon as being in trouble by a long shot.

The bigger question might be whether future cameras will produce distinctively better results than what we have now. Frankly the current generation (d800E, D7100) are more capable than the vast majority of photographers using them. Frankly, I'm more into hoping Nikon (and Canon, Zeiss, etc) concentrate a bit more on higher end lens designs than I am worrying whether the next gen of sensor will have another half stop of DR or 10 more megapixels of resolution.

-m

. . . I never said I agreed with the article. But it does make for fun reading. Thom is a much better writer - and probably much more knowledgeable. Tongue-in-cheek fun.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow