Is anyone else considering switching from Photoshop?

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,580Gear list
Like?
Is anyone else considering switching from Photoshop?
Jun 13, 2013

The only reason I can see for Adobe's incredible change regarding post CS6 versions and the need to pay monthly rent rather than outright ownership of the product is a way to gouge users of Photoshop.  I have never used any other product but I am an amateur, not a professional who can write off such monthly expenditures.  I would keep using CS6 forever but I know that there will be no further upgrades of Camera RAW once the new procedure is installed and probably no reinstallation should the current software have a problem.  That will basically mean no new cameras in my future and I can't see that as a desirable thing.  I am therefore considering changing programs.  I am not an expert in Photoshop by any estimation but I can get by.  I bought Lightroom 3 once because it was on sale but I couldn't figure it out.  It seemed too different compared to what I was used to.  Can anyone tell me if my impression of Lightroom is valid?  I just want to edit individual photos, with particular emphasis on RAW files.  Can anyone recommend a photo editor that is not too different from PS6?  I am a little bit too old to go back to school.

-- hide signature --

MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow