Just Switched to the RX1 from the M9

Started Jun 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,775Gear list
Like?
Here's another quote:
In reply to headofdestiny, Jun 13, 2013

headofdestiny wrote:

No matter where you're standing in the world, there are billions of different photos that could be taken with every focal length available, but that doesn't mean that I need to be prepared for all of them, especially when time is of the essence. If anything, photography is about learning what not to shoot, and a single focal length helps aim towards that goal, at least for me, but, of course, this is a sliding scale that is different for everyone.

As Orson Welles famously stated, "The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."

Mine: "The enemy of art is limitations".

I am a long standing lover of great quotes from great people. One of the wonderful things about quotes is that one can always find one to support one's views; no matter how bizarre or off-beat.

That said I don't think we are in disagreement. I comprehend, totally, what you are saying. The joy and power inherent in a single focal length shooting is a classic photographic discourse.

I agree with it when I am in the mood and disagree with it when I'm not.

I am thankful that when I'm not I have access to other focal legths and other possibilties.

best-

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow