Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty.

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,729
Like?
Re: D5100
In reply to Mako2011, Jun 13, 2013

At one point I'd never had a problem with a camera. Then I bought a Sony NEX3. It would not take a sharp pic. I had Nikon bodies at the time that worked great, why wouldn't this NEX? Within two weeks of owning it I sent it to Sony with a complete description of the "problem" 10 days passed, it got back to me with no mention whatsoever in the box of what they looked at or found or fixed. I'm convinced they just turned it on and off and mailed it back to me. "Works great" is what they "found".

I sent it back to the online retailer for a refund. That was what I should have done in the first place. I learned my lesson. Buy from a store that has a "no questions asked" return policy, test the carp out of a new camera within the first two weeks, any problems just return it for a replacement or refund. Don't start imagening problems, that's not nice to the retailer. Don't send it back to the manufacturer for them to look at.

I still haven't had any problems with any Nikon I've owned but I did buy an Olympus E-PM1 a few months ago. It didn't work at all, would not focus, unbelievable right out of the box! I called the etailer, they said "you could send it to Olympus" and I said no freakin' way. I sent it back to the store for a full refund (no questions asked). I've learned my lesson.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
TrueNew
NoNew
AllNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow