X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,658Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s really disappointing image. Is this normal?
In reply to digicosmos, Jun 13, 2013

If you have any doubt on the quality of the camera do the following

go in doors et aperture to 5.6 iso to 200 inactive NR use flash try to get a wall paper with repetitive small patterns shoot from say 2 meters try to be parallalel to the wall as much as possible the shoot ans adjust settings of flash to get light as uniform as possible

View 100% on the screen of the computer check corners and borders left and  right center as well and make sure that in corners sharpnees is still ok even if a bit less tha center

make sure that both sides are rather equivalent

The critical point in the test is the optical axis perpendicular to the wal It's better that the brick wall because completely flat so if ther is a problem you detect it immediately

This is my own personal test in my computer room I have a vintage 35 years old horrible wall paper already published here which is full of small dots a very good test i should never change it    

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow